Tin is a soft silvery metal used to make the alloys bronze and pewter.
Lead, iron, and tin are abundant on Great Wyk, Harlaw, and Orkmont in the Iron Islands. The Forest of Qohor has silver, tin, and amber, and the mainland near Braavos has iron, tin, lead, and slate. Gold, iron, and tin are abundant on mountain Ib.
Tin is one of the metals used by maesters for their chain links.
Thenns mine tin and copper to make bronze.
The Valyrians of antiquity used slaves to unearth copper and tin from the Fourteen Flames.
House Yronwood grew rich from mining iron, silver, and tin from their lands.
A Clash of Kings
The fool Patchface wears a mock helm fashioned from an old tin bucket.
During Renly Baratheon's feast at Bitterbridge, a fool wears gold-painted tin with a cloth lion's head.
Ser Dontos Hollard wears tin armor after being named a fool by King Joffrey I Baratheon.
A Dance with Dragons
Tin is among the cargo carried by Selaesori Qhoran as it sails from Volantis for Qarth.
You can't hammer tin into iron, no matter how hard you beat it, but that doesn't mean tin is useless.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Qohor.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Braavos.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: Ib.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 41, Jon V.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 49, Jon X.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: Valyria's Children.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: Kingdoms of the First Men.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Prologue.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 32, Sansa III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 27, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon I.