Cider is an alcoholic beverage made from the juice of fermented apples. It is more acceptable for youths to drink cider than ale.
Cider Hall is the seat of the elder branch of House Fossoway, while the younger branch resides at New Barrel.
The Quill and Tankard in Oldtown is renowned for its fearsomely strong cider. The septry on the Quiet Isle is also far famed for its sweet cider.
A dozen free folk villages paid homage to Varamyr Sixskins with bread, salt, and cider.
A Game of Thrones
Jon Snow informs Samwell Tarly that hot cider is available at Castle Black.
A Storm of Swords
Brienne of Tarth drinks a cup of cider at the Inn of the Kneeling Man. When Arya Stark visits the inn, Sharna states they have run out of cider.
A Feast for Crows
Pate and his companions drink tankards of cider at the Quill and Tankard.
Brienne and Podrick Payne enjoy sweet cider at the Quiet Isle.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 13, Arya II.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 31, Brienne VI.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Cider Hall.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Reach
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 26, Samwell III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Prologue.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 26, Jon IV.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 11, Jaime II.