Dreamwine is a medical drink used as a painkiller and to aid with sleep. Dreamwine can be sweetened with honey. Poppy can be added to dreamwine, which is considered less dangerous than milk of the poppy.
A Game of Thrones
Maester Vyman provides dreamwine and milk of the poppy to the ailing Lord Hoster Tully.
A Clash of Kings
Maester Frenken gives dreamwine to Sansa Stark to help her sleep after she is beaten by the Kingsguard.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Tywin Lannister orders that King Joffrey I Baratheon be given dreamwine, and Lady Tanda Stokeworth gives her daughter Lollys dreamwine to help her sleep.
A Feast for Crows
Maester Colemon mixes dreamwine and milk of the poppy for Lord Robert Arryn. Samwell Tarly is only able to afford half a flash of dreamwine for Maester Aemon when he visits the House of the Red Hands.
A Dance with Dragons
Dreamwine from Qarth is consumed in Meereen when Queen Daenerys Targaryen and King Hizdahr zo Loraq host the Yunkai'i.
Game of Thrones Ascent
In Game of Thrones Ascent, there is an item called vinsonge with the same properties (vinsonge being the French translation of "dreamwine").
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 53, Tyrion VI.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 4, Tyrion I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 67, Tyrion XV.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 32, Sansa III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 58, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne I.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 26, Samwell III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 50, Daenerys VIII.