A Storm of Swords
Lady Lysa Arryn reveals to her new husband, Lord Petyr Baelish, that her late father Hoster Tully, Lord Paramount of the Trident, had her unknowingly consume moon tea to abort Petyr's child when they were younger.
A Feast for Crows
I would have given you a son too, but they murdered him with moon tea, with tansy and mint and wormwood, a spoon of honey and a drop of pennyroyal. It wasn't me, I never knew, I only drank what Father gave me...
Women only drank moon tea for one reason; maidens had no need for it at all.—thoughts of Cersei Lannister
Behind the Scenes
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 80, Sansa VII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 15, Jon II.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 22, Arya IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 39, Cersei IX.
- So Spake Martin: A Myriad of Questions (March 27, 2002)