131 AC saw the end of the civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons, when King Aegon II Targaryen died in the middle of the year. Prince Aegon "the Younger" Targaryen was crowned as King Aegon III Targaryen instead, and a peace was made.
- The Battle of the Kingsroad, final battle of the Dance of the Dragons.
- The Dance of the Dragons ends.
- After the Dance of the Dragons, the period of regency begins.
- Princess Jaehaera Targaryen marries King Aegon III Targaryen.
No known births occured in 131AC.
- Lord Borros Baratheon, slain in battle by Lord Kermit Tully.
- King Aegon II Targaryen, poisoned.
- Lord Larys Strong, executed for treason.
- Ser Gyles Belgrave, knight of the Kingsguard, executed for treason.
Titles and Positions
- Lord Cregan Stark is named Hand of the King. He holds his position for a day.
- Ser Tyland Lannister is named Hand of the King, after Cregan Stark resigns.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon II.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands: House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- Tyland died in 133 AC, after having been Hand for most of two years.