In 10 AC the Dornish War took a darker turn when Rhaenys Targaryen and her dragon Meraxes were shot down by a scorpion at Hellholt. This would begin a period of indiscriminate revenges, and the war escalated to a series of castle burnings and targeted murders of nobles known as The Dragon's Wroth. After a failed attempt on the life of King Aegon, Visenya convinced him to establish a body of seven sworn bodyguards that would be named the Kingsguard.
- King's Landing has become a true city.
- Aegon I Targaryen and Visenya Targaryen are attacked in the streets of King’s Landing, leading to Aegon ordering Visenya to choose the members of the first Seven Sworn Brothers of the Kingsguard.
- The Kingsguard is formed.
- A Dornish army under Lord Fowler crosses the Prince's Pass, burns a dozen villages and captures Nightsong. Lord Caron, his wife and his children are made captives.
- A Dornish army under Ser Joffrey Dayne burns fields, farms and villages for twenty leagues around Oldtown.
- Aegon attacks Skyreach with Balerion, and Visenya attacks Starfall with Vhagar.
Titles and Positions
- The Kingsguard is created and its first seven knights named:
- Ser Corlys Velaryon is named to the Kingsguard, becoming the first Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.
- Ser Robin Darklyn, known as "Darkrobin", is named to the Kingsguard.
- Ser Richard Roote is named to the Kingsguard.
- Ser Gregor Goode, brother to Griffith, is named to the Kingsguard.
- Ser Griffith Goode, brother to Gregor, is named to the Kingsguard.
- Ser Humfrey, "the Mummer", a hedge knight, is named to the Kingsguard.
- Ser Addison Hill, the "Bastard of Cornfield", is named to the Kingsguard.
- Ser Addam Hightower becomes the new lord of Oldtown after his father's death.