Corlys Velaryon (son of Daemon)
|Born||In or before 7 BC|
|Died||In 10–48 AC|
Ser Corlys Velaryon was a knight from House Velaryon and a son of Daemon Velaryon, the Lord of the Tides and Master of Driftmark. He was a younger brother to Aethan Velaryon. Ser Corlys was the first Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.
Like his fellow knights of the Kingsguard, Ser Corlys Velayron is remembered for being quick and strong in battle, and an observant warrior. He was famed for his prowess with sword and shield. Ser Corlys was entirely devoted to King Aegon I Targaryen.
After a Dornish assassination attempt on the king, Ser Corlys was chosen by Queen Visenya Targaryen to be the first Lord Commander of the Kingsguard when the order was founded in 10 AC by King Aegon I Targaryen, a position in which he served nobly and with honor until the end of his days.
Lord Corlys Velaryon, a famed descendant known as the Sea Snake, was named after Ser Corlys of the Kingsguard, his great-great uncle.
(at least four)
|Lianna||Larissa||Son of Lord|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon I.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 See the Corlys Velaryon (son of Daemon) calculation.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fire & Blood, Three Heads Had the Dragon - Governance Under King Aegon I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys I.