During 132 AC the council of regents and the Hand Tyland Lannister tried to deal with the challenges of the aftermath of the Dance, the lack of a clear heir for young Aegon III, the instability in the Narrow Sea, the coming winter, and the plague that appeared in the Bite and started to spread throughout Westeros. Because many men had died during the Dance, a lot of women step up to positions of leadership, initiating a two-year period known as the Winter of the Widows.
- The Winter Fever appears in the Three Sisters, and spreads to White Harbor, Gulltown, Maidenpool and Duskendale.
- Lord Corlys Velaryon.
- Lord Desmond Manderly and his firstborn Ser Medrick Manderly, of Winter Fever.
- Half the population of the Three Sisters, and thousands of people in White Harbor, of Winter Fever 
- Ser Regis Groves and dozens of his men, killed at Harrenhal by Alys Rivers' men.
- Lady Baela Targaryen marries her cousin Alyn Velaryon.
- Lord Thaddeus Rowan is betrothed to Floris Baratheon.
- Ser Corwyn Corbray marries Lady Rhaena Targaryen.
- Lord Cregan Stark marries Alysanne Blackwood at Winterfell.
- Lady Elenda Baratheon marries Ser Steffon Connington.
Titles and appointments
- Lord Royce Caron gives up his place as regent.
- Ser Torrhen Manderly gives up his place as a regent, following the death of his father and brother from Winter Fever.
- Lord Unwin Peake takes the place of Corlys Velaryon, after Corlys’ death, as regent of King Aegon III.