Rhaena Targaryen (daughter of Daemon)
Art by Enife
|Alias||Rhaena of Pentos|
|Born||In 116 AC, at Pentos|
1st: Ser Corwyn Corbray|
2nd: Garmund Hightower
The World of Ice & Fire (mentioned)|
Fire & Blood (mentioned)
The Rogue Prince (mentioned)
The Princess and the Queen (mentioned)
Fire & Blood (mentioned)
Rhaena was born in Pentos in 116 AC. She was named after her maternal grandmother, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. When she was half a year old, she sailed from Pentos to Driftmark with her mother, Laena Velaryon, and her twin sister, Baela Targaryen. In 117 AC, Rhaena was presented at court by her father, Prince Daemon Targaryen. In 118 AC, with the blessing of King Viserys I Targaryen, Rhaena was betrothed, at the age of two, to Prince Lucerys Velaryon, her cousin. Rhaena and Baela each had a dragon egg. Rhaena's hatchling was unhealthy and died within hours of emerging from the egg. However, Baela's hatchling, Moondancer, was healthy. An egg from another clutch, laid by Syrax, was given to Rhaena, and it was said that she slept with it every night and prayed for a dragon to match her sister's.
During the civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons, Rhaena was chosen to accompany Prince Joffrey Velaryon to Gulltown for their protection, although they were told it was to defend the Vale of Arryn against King Aegon II Targaryen's dragons. Rhaena brought three dragon eggs with her to the Vale where she prayed nightly for their hatching. She remained in the Vale throughout the duration of the war as the ward of Lady Jeyne Arryn. Eventually she bonded with the dragon Morning, towards the end of the Dance.
After the ascension of her cousin and half-brother, Rhaena and Baela were thought to be the only living Targaryens aside from the king and queen, as Prince Viserys Targaryen was presumed dead at the time. Though the younger twin, Rhaena was considered to be named the heir to the Iron Throne by some as she still had a dragon, unlike her sister, and was less willful in character.
Rhaena and her sister introduced Daenaera Velaryon to their half-brother, King Aegon III Targaryen at the Maiden's Day Cattle Show, leading to the couple's marriage. Rhaena married Ser Corwyn Corbray, by whom she had no children, and later Garmund Hightower, by whom she had six daughters.
|House Velaryon||Six daughters||House Targaryen||House Targaryen|
- The Princess and the Queen.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- The Rogue Prince.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Viserys I.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon II.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Targaryen Lineage.
- Prince Daemon Targaryen was married to Lady Rhea Royce from 97 AC until 115 AC. He then married Lady Laena Velaryon in 115 AC; their marriage lasted until Laena's death in 120 AC. That same year, Daemon married his niece, Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen.