Joffrey in childhood, by Douglas Wheatley, as depicted in The World of Ice & Fire
|Title||Prince of Dragonstone|
|Born||In 117 AC|
|Died||In 130 AC, at Flea Bottom|
The World of Ice & Fire (mentioned)|
Fire & Blood (mentioned)
The Rogue Prince (mentioned)
The Princess and the Queen (mentioned)
Appearance & Character
When Joffrey was three years old, his ten-year-old dragonless half-uncle, Prince Aemond Targaryen, slapped him in an attempt to claim Vhagar for himself. Joffrey called for his two older brothers, and in the ensuing fight Aemond lost an eye.
Joffrey was twelve years old at the start of the civil war which became known as the Dance of the Dragons. He was betrothed to the youngest daughter of Lord Desmond Manderly in exchange for White Harbor's support for the Blacks. Joff was ordered to Gulltown to defend the Vale of Arryn against King Aegon II Targaryen's dragons, with Rhaena Targaryen chosen to accompany him. Grand Maester Munkun suggests that it was Jacaerys's desire to keep his brother far away from the fighting. He was named the Prince of Dragonstone after the death of Jacaerys at the Battle of the Gullet.
Quotes by Joffrey
I want to fight for you, Mother, as my brothers did. Let me prove that I am as brave as they were.
- Joffrey to Rhaenyra Targaryen
- The Rogue Prince.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Viserys I.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Blacks and the Greens.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon II.
- Prince Daemon Targaryen was married to Lady Rhea Royce from 97 AC until 115 AC. He then married Lady Laena Velaryon in 115 AC; their marriage lasted until Laena's death in 120 AC. That same year, Daemon married his niece, Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen.