On the third day of 133 AC the Winter Fever arrived at King's Landing, killing the Protector of the Realm, the Hand of the King, a regent, and three members of the Kingsguard. The power vacuum was filled by Lord Unwin Peake, who filled all the vacancies with men loyal to him. In the ninth moon of the year Queen Jaehaera Targaryen fell (or was thrown) to her death to the moat of Maegor's Holdfast. All nubile maidens of the realm were invited at a great ball were King Aegon III would choose his a new wife. The last day of the year saw the marriage of the king to Daenaera Velaryon.
- Lord Alyn Velaryon obtains a great naval victory against Braavos at the Stepstones, earning him the moniker "Oakenfist".
- Alyn sails on his first voyage, to fight against Lord Dalton Greyjoy and liberate Fair Isle. He visits Racallio Ryndoon at the Stepstones, Princess Aliandra Martell at Sunspear, and Lord Lyonel Hightower and Lady Samantha Tarly at Oldtown. When he arrives at Lannisport, he discovers that Greyjoy is already dead and that Fair Isle has been liberated. On his return voyage he makes stops at the Arbor, Oldtown and Sunspear, where he learns that Prince Viserys Targaryen is still alive and resides in Lys.
- Lady Rhaena announces that she is pregant, but suffers a miscarriage a month later.
- The wildling Sylas the Grim leads three thousand wildings that manage to overcome the Night Watch at Queensgate and raid the Gift, until they are defeated by Lord Cregan Stark.
- After Queen Jaehaera's death, Lord Unwin Peake attempts to betroth his daughter Myrielle to the king, but steps back due to the fierce opposition of the other regents and the lords of the realm.
- The Maiden's Ball is held on Maiden's Day. King Aegon III chooses Daenaera Velaryon of House Velaryon as his wife. Aegon and Daenaera are married on the last day of the year.
- Lord Roland Westerling, of Winter Fever.
- Ser Tyland Lannister, of Winter Fever.
- Dowager Queen Alicent Hightower, of Winter Fever.
- A fifth of the population of King's Landing, of Winter Fever.
- Orwyle, beheaded by the King's Justice for treason and desertion.
- Ser Steffon Connington, ambushed by Wyland Wyl while hunting a small band of Dornish raiders.
- Lord Prester, Lord Tarbeck, and Ser Erwin Lannister, killed on the orders of Lord Dalton Greyjoy while attempting to retake Fair Isle.
- Queen Jaehaera Targaryen, either by suicide or murder.
- Lady Buckler and her two daughters, drowned when their boat sinks on their way to the Maiden's Ball.
- Lord Dalton Greyjoy, murdered by Tess, one of his salt wives.
- Alester Wynch, killed by Gunthor Goodbrother over a quarrel for Lysa Farman.
- Ser Robin Massey, killed by Tessario in a quarrel over a horse.
Titles and appointments
- King Aegon appoints Lord Thaddeus Rowan as his new Hand of the King, Lord Alyn Velaryon as the new master of ships, and Ser Robin Massey and Robert Darklyn to his kingsguard (designing the former as the Lord Commander). His decisions are declared void, on the ground of him being a minor and because he had not consulted the council of regents. Lord Thaddeus Rowan is later named as one of King Aegon's regents, replacing the deceased Roland Westerling. Lord Alyn is later officially named master of ships.
- Lord Unwin Peake is named Hand of the King and Protector of the Realm.
- Ser Marston Waters is named as Lord Commander of the Kinsguard.
- Ser Amaury Peake and Ser Mervyn Flowers are named to the Kingsguard.
- Ser Lucas Leygood is named Lord Commander of the City Watch of King's Landing.
- Tessario becomes the captain of the Hand's personal guard.
- Clarice Osgrey becomes chief of Queen Jaehaera Targaryen's houshold.
- Ser Gareth Long is named master-at-arms of the Red Keep.
- Septon Eustace is dismissed, and Septon Bernard is named as the court's new septon.
- Lord George Graceford is named Lord Confessor.
- Ser Victor Risley is appointed as King's Justice.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyages of Alyn Oakenfist.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.