Master-at-arms is a position in a noble household, usually filled by a knight, charged with training the garrison, as well as noble children, in fighting skills. They can provide blunted weapons for training instead of live steel. Masters-at-arms are present at most castles in the Seven Kingdoms, although they are not used by the crannogmen.
A Game of Thrones
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 66, Theon VI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 7, Arya I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 28, Bran IV.
- The Mystery Knight.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 8, Daenerys I.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 3, Daenerys I.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 19, Jon III.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 26, Jon IV.