In 5 AC the Dornish War went on with renewed fierceness. Taking advantage of the fact that Aegon and Balerion had returned to King's Landing, hordes of Dornish spearmen emerged from hiding and recaptured the castles they had lost, killing the garrisons and the castellans. Lord Jon Rosby was thrown by Meria Martell from the top of the Spear Tower in what would be known as the Defenestration of Sunspear, and Harlan Tyrell and his entire army disappeared amidst the red sands, somewhere at the east of Hellholt.
Year 5 AC is also notable for the creation of the office of Grand Maester, after King Aegon requested the Citadel to send him one of their own to advise him.
- Jon Rosby, thrown by Meria Martell from the top of the Spear Tower.
- Harlan Tyrell and his army, disappeared in the deserts of Dorne.
Titles and Appointments
- The Office of Grandmaester is founded by Aegon I Targaryen.
- Archmaester Ollidar is named the first Grandmaester.
- Theo Tyrell, son of Harlan Tyrell, inherits Highgarden.
- Jon Rosby died shortly before Lord Harlan Tyrell, who perished in 5 AC
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: House Tyrell.