284 AC was marked by the birth of Princess Daenerys Targaryen, which caused the death of Dowager Queen Rhaella Targaryen, during a big storm. This storm caused the remaining Targaryen fleet that had been protecting Rhaella and her son Viserys Targaryen while they remained in exile on Dragonstone, the last remaining seat of House Targaryen. The destruction of the fleet gave Stannis Baratheon the oppertunity to take the new Baratheon fleet and capture Dragonstone. The garrison at Dragonstone, however, was already willing to give up Viserys and Daenerys. Ser Willem Darry spirited the two remaining Targaryens away to safety, to prevent their capture and deaths.
- A great storm destroys the remaining fleet of House Targaryen that had been positioned in front of Dragonstone.
- After the death of Dowager Queen Rhaella Targaryen, Ser Willem Darry flees with the last Targaryens to Braavos.
- Stannis Baratheon takes Dragonstone.
- Lord Jon Arryn visits Dorne to return Prince Lewyn Martell's bones and negotiate peace.
- King Robert Baratheon marries Cersei Lannister.
- Princess Daenerys Targaryen, also known as Daenerys Stormborn, daughter of King Aerys II Targaryen and Queen Rhaella Targaryen.
- Duram Bar Emmon, son of Lord Bar Emmon.
- Gendry, bastard son of King Robert Baratheon and a tavern wench.
- Jhiqui, a dothraki girl.
- Malwyn Frey, son of Raymund Frey and Beony Beesbury.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 3, Daenerys I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- See the Calculation for: Weddings.
- See the calculation for: Daenerys Targaryen (Stormborn)
- See the calculation for: Duram Bar Emmon
- See the calculation for: Gendry
- See the calculation for: Jhiqui
- See the calculation for: Malwyn Frey
- See the calculation for: Rhaella Targaryen