From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
- King Jaehaerys calls a Great Council to decide the heir to the Iron Throne, after the death of Prince Baelon.
- Fourteen claims are presented, including Baelon's son Viserys, his elder brother's daughter Rhaenys, her children Laena and Laenor Velaryon, Jaehaerys' third son Archmaester Vaegon, three bastard sons of Princess Saera, a man claiming descend from Gaemon the Glorious, a men who said that he was a bastard son of Maegor the Cruel and another saying that was a bastard son of King Jaehaerys himself.
- All claims save Viserys' and Laenor's are dismissed. All the lords participated in the final vote that was won by Prince Viserys by a lopsided margin.
- After the results of the Great Council are made public, King Jaehaerys names his grandson Viserys Prince of Dragonstone.
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.