The year started with a great gathering of lords in King's Landing to name new regents and a Hand. But they would serve for little time. The day Aegon III became 16 and came of age, he entered into the small council chamber and dismissed them all. 
- Alyn Velaryon and Benjicot Blackwood's forces prevail and all the Vale accepts Joffrey Arryn as their Lord.
- The trials for the 18 arrested suspects of poisoning and treason are held, spanning across 33 days.
- Ser Gareth Long and Lord George Graceford are condemned to die, although they are allowed to take the black instead.
- Septon Bernard is gelded and condemned to walk barefoot from King’s Landing to Oldtown with his manhood hung about his neck.
- Ser Victor Risley demanded trial by battle and died.
- Lucinda Penrose and Priscella Hogg are condemned to either have their noses cut off or give themselves to the Faith.
- Cassandra Baratheon is punished by marrying her to Ser Walter Brownhill, a minor knight in Cape Wrath.
- Alyn Velaryon departs in his Second Voyage, in a galley named Bold Marilda.
Titles and appointments
- Willam Stackspear, Marq Merryweather, and Lorent Grandison are chosen by lot as regents.
- Torrhen Manderly is chosen as the new Hand of the King.
- Isembard Arryn is named Master of Coin.
- Gedmund Peake is named Master of Ships.
- Ser Raynard Ruskyn is promoted to Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.
- Ser Adrian Thorne is promoted to commander of the City Watch.
- Ser Edmund Warrick, Ser Dennis Whitfield, and Ser Agramore Cobb join the Kingsguard.
- Ser Lucas Lothston is named master-at-arms of the Red Keep.
- Maester Rowley is named Lord Confessor.
- On the 16th nameday of Aegon III, the regency ends. All regents and the Hand of the King, Lord Manderly, were dismissed.