Starfall by Hector Ortiz © Fantasy Flight Games
|Ruler||Lord Edric Dayne|
|Religion||Faith of the Seven|
|Named for||A falling star|
|Notable places||Palestone Sword|
- See also: Images of Starfall
The castle is located in the western Red Mountains on an island in the Torentine where it pours into the Summer Sea. Starfall, which includes a tower called the Palestone Sword, guards the western arm of Dorne. Northeast of Starfall is High Hermitage, the seat of a Dayne cadet branch.
According to legend, Starfall was built where the first Dayne found a magic stone after he followed the path of a shooting star. The Daynes grew in power to become the Kings of the Torrentine and one of the strongest houses of Dorne.
In the aftermath of Robert's Rebellion, Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, perished at the tower of joy. When Lord Eddard Stark returned Arthur's sword, the ancestral blade Dawn, to Starfall, Arthur's sister Ashara threw herself from the castle's Palestone Sword tower.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 6, Catelyn II.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Starfall.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya VIII.
- A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book, Guardians of Order
- The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: Kingdoms of the First Men.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: Ten Thousand Ships.
- Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: Dorne Against the Dragons.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 70, Tyrion X.