Forrest Frey, by Magali Villeneuve, as depicted in The World of Ice & Fire
Lord of the Crossing
|Died||In 130 AC, at Gods Eye|
|Spouse||Lady Sabitha Vypren|
The World of Ice & Fire (mentioned)|
Fire & Blood (mentioned)
The Rogue Prince (mentioned)
The Princess and the Queen (mentioned)
Forrest was a younger son of House Frey. In his youth, he had once been a suitor to Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. When Rhaenyra visited the riverlands in 112 AC, he got dubbed "Fool Frey" for boldly asking openly for her hand. He later married Lady Sabitha Vypren, and became the Lord of the Crossing.
Lord Forrest sided with Princess Rhaenyra and the blacks during the Dance of the Dragons. Forrest added his strength to Prince Daemon Targaryen's host and participated in capturing Stone Hedge from Lord Humfrey Bracken. He brought two hundred knights and six hundred infantry when he joined Lord Roderick Dustin and Robb Rivers by the Gods Eye. In the ensuring battle, Forrest died fighting the remains of House Lannister's army from the westerlands in the Battle by the Lakeshore. His son succeeded him as Lord of the Crossing.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- Fire & Blood, Aftermath - The Hour of the Wolf.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands: House Tully.
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.