From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
The yet unnamed Ibbenese language is the tongue spoken by the Ibbenese, a race of men hailing from northern Essos who are described as having rasping voices. Maester Yandel, author of The World of Ice and Fire, called the language a "guttural, grunting tongue." It is possibly related to the language of the Hairy Men, the long-gone kin of the Ibbense.
So far, only a number of names - both of individuals and locations - are known in the Ibbenese language. Many of the place names circle around variations of the word "Ib".
- Assadora of Ibben, a prostitute at the Happy Port in Braavos
- Casso Mogat, half-Ibbense captain of the Merry Midwife
- Togg Joth, sellsword of the Brave Companions
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 3, Daenerys I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: Ib.