|Died||In 299 AC, at Skirling Pass|
|Book(s)|| A Clash of Kings (appears)|
A Storm of Swords (mentioned)
A Feast for Crows (appendix)
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
Appearance and Character
Ebben is a squat, heavily-muscled, bald man. He has served the Night's Watch since boyhood. He is regarded by Qhorin Halfhand as the ranger to go to when he needs a wildling interrogated or killed.
A Clash of Kings
Ebben is part of the one-hundred men reinforcements from the Shadow Tower to arrive at the Fist of the First Men. Before reaching the Fist, the Shadow Tower group is attacked by wildlings. Ebben questions the survivor and learns that wildlings have gathered in search of a great power in the Frostfangs, though his interrogation is too harsh and the prisoner dies.
After the death of Dalbridge, Ebben is sent on with the remaining horses to ride as fast as he can to Lord Commander Jeor Mormont. He is killed by a wildling scouting party commanded by Rattleshirt, his head kept as a prize and shown to Jon later. Rattleshirt notes he died bravely.
Quotes by Ebben
|“||Man and boy I've served the Watch, and ranged as far as any. I've seen the bones of giants, and heard many a queer tale, but no more. I want to see them with my own eyes.||”|
Quotes about Ebben
|“||Ebben can make any man give up his secrets.||”|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 51, Jon VI.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 53, Jon VII.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 43, Jon V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 68, Jon VIII.