From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
and the location of the Shadow Tower
The Shadow Tower is one of three castles along the Wall that are still inhabited by the Night's Watch. It is located next to mountains at the far end of the Wall. It lies west of Sentinel Stand and east of Westwatch-by-the-Bridge. It is commanded by Ser Denys Mallister and its maester is Mullin.
Mance Rayder served at the Shadow Tower before he abandoned the Night's Watch.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Commander Jeor Mormont plans to re-garrison Stonedoor using men from the Shadow Tower.
One-hundred men from the Shadow Tower, including lead rangers Qhorin Halfhand, Ebben, Dalbridge and Stonesnake, arrive at the Fist of the First Men to augment the main force from Castle Black.
A Storm of Swords
Qhorin Halfhand's second-in-command, Blane, commands the Shadow Tower men in his absence during the Battle of the Fist of the First Men.
Men from the Shadow Tower make up the bulk of the Night's Watch who fight at the Battle of the Bridge of Skulls.
A Dance with Dragons
A grizzled steward from the Shadow Tower is re-assigned as commander of the newly formed garrison at Greyguard.
Ser Denys Mallister sends regular ravens to Castle Black requesting additional men for the Shadow Tower. Lord Commander Jon Snow re-assigns Halder and Toad to meet his demands, as well as 10 untrained men from Mole's Town.
The garrison of the Shadow Tower spot multiple fires in the night north of the Gorge. Ser Denys believes wildlings are amassing to force the Bridge of Skulls once more.
References and Notes
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 19, Jon.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Map of Beyond the Wall
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 7, Jon.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 43, Jon.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Prologue.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 69, Jon.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 10, Jon.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 21, Jon.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 28, Jon.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 31, Melisandre.