The Rills is an area in the north ruled by House Ryswell. It is located southeast of the Stony Shore, north of Blazewater Bay, and west of the barrowlands. The area's name suggests it has numerous streams and brooks.
House Ryder ruled the Rills as First Men kings after the Long Night, but they eventually submitted to the Kings of Winter and became vassals of House Stark of Winterfell. It is unknown what led the Rills to eventually be ruled by House Ryswell instead of House Ryder, but King Theon Stark put down a rebellion in the Rills during his reign.
A Storm of Swords
A Dance with Dragons
Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
References and Notes
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the North
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ The A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book by Guardians of Order states the barrowlands stretch from the Stony Shore to the Bite, which therefore suggests the landscape includes the Rills. The more recent The Lands of Ice and Fire and the Map of the North in A Dance with Dragons depict them as separate regions.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The North: The Kings of Winter.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 56, Bran IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 41, The Turncloak.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 55, Jon VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 15, Davos II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 20, Reek II.
- ↑ Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series, "Sons of Winter".