Hornwood is a castle in the north and the seat of House Hornwood. The castle is located near the northwestern edge of the Sheepshead Hills, which are within the dominion of House Manderly, and the Hornwood lands also neighbor those of House Bolton to the north. Its ruler is known as the Lord of the Hornwood; there is presumably a forest called the Hornwood which is ruled by the castle. Medrick serves as maester at the castle to Lord Halys Hornwood.
A Clash of Kings
A Dance with Dragons
Davos Seaworth learns that smallfolk from along the White Knife and Hornwood have been seeking protection at White Harbor with the Manderlys. Some Hornwood men are also reported to have joined Ramsay's force marching on Moat Cailin.
As a condition for peace with the Iron Throne, Wyman Manderly relinquishes his claim on Hornwood. During the wedding of "Arya Stark" to Ramsay Snow, now legitimized as Ramsay Bolton, in Winterfell, Ramsay is introduced as Lord of the Hornwood.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, map of Westeros.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Sheepshead Hills.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 16, Bran II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 20, Reek II.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 37, The Prince of Winterfell.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 28, Bran IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 15, Davos II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 19, Davos III.