and the location of the Fever River
The Fever River is a river in the Neck in the south of the north. Moat Cailin lies less than twenty miles from its headwaters. The mouth of the river opens to the Saltspear.
A Clash of Kings
Victarion Greyjoy sails the Iron Fleet up the Fever River and takes Moat Cailin, which lies nearby.
A Feast for Crows
Victarion sails from the Fever River, where the Iron Fleet had beached itself while holding Moat Cailin, to the kingsmoot on Old Wyk.
A Dance with Dragons
The Ryswells and Dustins surprise the remaining ironmen on the Fever River and manage to burn their ten longships.
Behind the Scenes
The Fever River is a reference by George R. R. Martin to his novel Fevre Dream, which is set on the Mississippi River.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 66, Theon VI.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 15, Davos II.
- ↑ Not A Blog: Black Friday Books, November 25, 2016