Long Barrow, also called the Long Barrow, is a castle along the Wall, abandoned by the Night's Watch. It is situated along the Wall between Rimegate to west and the Torches to the east.
A Game of Thrones
Mance Rayder climbs the Wall near Long Barrow when travels incognito to Winterfell for the visit of King Robert Baratheon.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Commander Jeor Mormont plans to re-garrison the castle using men from Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.
A Storm of Swords
Prior to the wildling assault on the Wall, Rattleshirt is seen near Long Barrow. Cotter Pyke later captures Rattleshirt at the abandoned castle.
A Dance with Dragons
Lord Commander Jon Snow re-garrisons Long Barrow with spearwives under the command of Iron Emmett with Dolorous Edd as his chief steward. The men of the Night's Watch now call it Whore's Barrow.
References and Notes
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Map of Beyond the Wall
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 7, Jon.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 43, Jon.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 48, Jon.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 73, Jon.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 58, Jon.