The queen's men are members of Stannis Baratheon's court that have converted to the faith of R'hllor.
Historically, Queen Selyse Florent was among the first in Dragonstone to convert, and it was initially by her insistence that Stannis took notice of the red priestess, Melisandre. Calling them the "queen's" men alludes to the fact that Selyse is a vocal supporter of Melisandre and of her god, arguably more so than Stannis himself, and helps in telling them apart from the so-called king's men who are also supporters of Stannis's cause yet have kept the Faith of the Seven. However, an alternate interpretation is that the queen they are loyal to is not Selyse but rather Melisandre, who is in many senses closer to Stannis than Selyse.
They often have a fiery heart, the emblem of the Lord of Light, embroidered on their breasts signifying their allegiance.
Known Queen's Men
- Lord Alester Florent
- Ser Axell Florent
- Ser Richard Horpe
- Ser Godry Farring, the Giantslayer
- Ser Clayton Suggs
- Ser Corliss Penny
- Ser Justin Massey
- Ser Brus Buckler
- Ser Malegorn of Redpool
- Ser Patrek of King's Mountain
- Ser Narbert Grandison
- Ser Benethon Scales
- Ser Dorden the Dour
- Ser Lambert Whitewater
- Ser Perkin Follard
- Lord Sweet
One realm, one god, one king! STANNIS! STANNIS! ONE REALM, ONE GOD, ONE KING!—queen's men
They would as gladly burn me as those logs and broken branches.—Asha Greyjoy's thoughts
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 10, Davos II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 17, Jon IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 10, Jon III.