|Alias||Godry the Giantslayer|
|Allegiance|| House Farring|
House Baratheon of Dragonstone
|Book(s)|| A Feast for Crows (appendix)|
A Dance with Dragons (appears)
The Winds of Winter (appears)
Appearance and Character
- See also: Images of Godry Farring
A tall man with a deep, booming voice, Godry is broad shouldered and muscled. He is boastful and condescending, but fierce in his dedication to R'hllor. His crony is Ser Clayton Suggs.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
In the practice yard of Castle Black, Godry attempts to goad Jon Snow, the young Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, into a fight but the knight is ignored. He is among the queen's men in the common room who witness Jon's confrontation with Janos Slynt, and he laughs when Janos refuses to obey the lord commander's orders. During the execution of "Mance Rayder", Godry rides the horse Mance is tied to, and drags him to the cage in which he is burned by Melisandre. He ridicules Mors Crowfood and the Umbers during Stannis's war council. Jon worries that Stannis will marry Val to Godry, Ser Richard Horpe, or Ser Justin Massey.
Godry is among those who march with Stannis on Deepwood Motte. He leads the vanguard of Stannis's army during the march on Winterfell, but they are passed by swifter northmen wearing bear-paws. Godry leads the prayers to R'hllor at the nightfires, and he urges Stannis to sacrifice an unbeliever to stop the blizzard slowing the march of the army. He gets his wish when four Peasebury men are caught in the act of cannibalism and are subsequently staked and burned at the crofters' village.
The Winds of Winter
|| Warning |
This information has thus far been released in a sample chapter for The Winds of Winter, and might therefore not be in finalized form. Keep in mind that the content as described below is still subject to change.
Quotes by Godry
- Godry and Jon Snow
Godry: A man who bears Valyrian steel should use it for more than scratching his arse.
Jon: I use Longclaw when I must, ser.Godry: You fear. I see that. He fears.
Godry: How well, though? Show us. I promise not to hurt you, lad.
Jon: Some other time, ser. I fear that I have other duties just now.
- Godry to Jon Snow
- Godry praying with queen's men
Quotes about Godry
- thoughts of Asha Greyjoy
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 3, Jon I.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 17, Jon IV.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 62, The Sacrifice.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 10, Jon III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 7, Jon II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 44, Jon IX.
- ↑ The Winds of Winter, Theon I