Daenys the Dreamer, by Fkaluis.
|Alias||Daenys the Dreamer|
|Title||Lady of Dragonstone|
|Born||In before 114 BC, Valyria|
|Died||In or after 102 BC, Dragonstone|
|Spouse||Lord Gaemon Targaryen|
When Daenys was still a maiden, she had a powerful prophetic dream, showing the destruction of Valyria by fire. In 114 BC, her father, Lord Aenar Targaryen, heeded her dream and sold his holdings in the Valyrian Freehold and moved his family and all of their belongings to Dragonstone, an island in the narrow sea off the eastern coast of Westeros. With them, they took five dragons, including Balerion. When the Doom of Valyria came twelve years later, House Targaryen was the only family of dragonriders which survived.
Daenys was married to her brother Gaemon, who followed their father as Lord of Dragonstone. Their children were Aegon and Elaena Targaryen. Daenys and Gaemon also had at least one younger daughter, who would marry a petty lord.
A Feast for Crows
By the time of the War of the Five Kings, it is believed that visions written down by Daenys before the Doom of Valyria were in a book called Signs and Portents, that is now lost. Archmaester Marwyn claims he found three pages from it in his Book of Lost Books.
- The red three-headed dragon was adopted by Aegon I Targaryen after the Conquest. This means that Targaryens prior to the Conquest did not use this coat of arms, and as such it is not displayed in this article.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: The Doom of Valyria.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon.