A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
Jacks, having presumably been imprisoned during the arrest of Eddard Stark, is presumably sent with Ser Cleos Frey when the envoy returns to Riverrun with Tyrion Lannister's terms and Eddard's bones.
Jacks is under the command of Hallis Mollen. When Catelyn Stark's party returns to Riverrun from Storm's End, she orders Hallis and a small honor guard to escort the silent sisters who are to bring the bones of Lord Eddard back to Winterfell. Unbeknownst to Catelyn, however, ironmen led by Victarion Greyjoy have already moved to take Moat Cailin, and Theon Greyjoy is on his way to take Winterfell as well.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Hallis and his party continue their journey.
A Dance with Dragons
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 22, Arya II.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 27, Eddard VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 25, Tyrion VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 39, Catelyn V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 37, Theon III.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 41, The Turncloak.