Lemon cakes are a type of lemon-flavored small sweet baked dessert cake, often served at feasts. They are a favorite of Sansa Stark. Lord Robert Arryn also loves lemon cakes, after Alayne Stone told him they were her favorites.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
At the Gates of the Moon, when Petyr Baelish tells Sansa Stark he has brought her a gift, something better than gowns or jewels, she asks him if he has brought lemons, as she has promised young Lord Robert Arryn lemon cake.
A Dance with Dragons
The Winds of Winter
|| Warning |
This information has thus far been released in a sample chapter for The Winds of Winter, and might therefore not be in finalized form. Keep in mind that the content as described below is still subject to change.
Petyr Baelish acquires every lemon in the Vale for a twelve-foot-tall lemon cake in the shape of the Giant's Lance for the feast before the tourney to select the Brotherhood of Winged Knights, to please Lord Robert Arryn and Alayne Stone.
Alerie:You must be very hungry. Shall we have a bite of boar together, and some lemon cakes?
Sansa: Lemon cakes are my favorite.
Olenna: So we have been told. That Varys creature seemed to think we should be grateful for the information.
Lemony lemony lemon cakes... and you can have as many as you like.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 6, Sansa I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 4, Brienne I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 41, Alayne II.
- The Winds of Winter, Alayne I
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 15, Sansa I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 64, The Ugly Little Girl.