This project is a part of westeros.org which provides the web space and technical support.
There are currently 8,316 articles.
Sister wikis in other languages
|French||La Garde de Nuit|
|Italian||La Barriera Wiki|
|Portuguese||Gelo e Fogo Wiki|
|Russian||Энциклопедия Песни Льда и Пламени|
|Spanish||Hielo y Fuego Wiki|
|Thai||Game of Thrones fansite|
|Turkish||Game Of Thrones Viki|
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.
- Check out the Community portal, see what we are working on or how can you help out or give feedback.
- If you have any questions about the wiki or helping out, you can ask at the A Forum of Ice and Fire Wiki Topic, which discusses various topics related to the wiki.
- Make sure to sign up at A Forum of Ice and Fire.
Arya Stark is the youngest daughter and third born child of Lord Eddard Stark and Lady Catelyn Tully. She has five siblings: brothers Robb, Bran and Rickon, sister Sansa, and half-brother Jon Snow. Like her siblings, Arya takes care of a direwolf pup, whom she names Nymeria, after the great warrior queen of the Rhoynar.
At the age of nine, Arya moves with her father and sister to King's Landing. Training under Syrio Forel to learn swordsmanship, Arya owns her own blade, Needle, a gift from Jon. When her father is arrested, she flees the Lannisters, using all her training had taught her. Arya escapes King's Landing and starts the journey north, hoping to reach the rest of her family at Winterfell. The riverlands, which she needs to cross first, are heavily involved in the War of the Five Kings, and Arya finds herself captured several times. Witnessing the harsh situations in the war-torn riverlands, Arya's fierce personality leads to her making a "death list", which she calls a prayer. She always ends the prayer with the phrase valar morghulis.
- “Father had only gone out to ransom Petyr Pimple. He brought them the gold they asked for, but they hung him anyway.” —Amerei “Gatehouse Ami” Frey
“Hanged, Ami. Your father was not a tapestry.” —Mariya Darry
- “So young. Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey.” —Wyman Manderly
- “The three triarchs are chosen from amongst those noble families who can prove unbroken descent from old Valyria, to serve until the first day of the new year. And you would know all this if you had troubled to read the book that Maester Kedry gave you.” —Quentyn Martell
“It had no pictures.” —Gerris Drinkwater
“There were maps.” —Quentyn Martell
“Maps do not count. If he had told me it was about tigers and elephants, I might have given it a try. It looked suspiciously like a history. —Gerris Drinkwater
Did you know...
- ... that Pyke might be the oldest castle in Westeros?
- ... that George R. R. Martin has turned down offers from game companies to develop rules for cyvasse and market the game, as he prefers to have the profundity and complexity of the game more suggested than detailed?
- ... that Aegon the Conqueror dated the beginning of his reign from the day the High Septon anointed him as king in Oldtown? That calendar is used to this day.