|Capture of Darry|
|Conflict || War of the Five Kings|
|Date || 299 AC|
|Place || Darry|
|Result || Lannister victory|
The capture of Darry is part of the Lannister invasion of the riverlands during the War of the Five Kings.
Many of the riverlords return to their lands after the battle under the walls of Riverrun. The Lannister army led by Lord Tywin Lannister and Ser Kevan Lannister marches on each stronghold in turn. Darry is captured by Lannister soldiers at some point.
Following the Battle of the Camps at Riverrun, Darry troops recapture their castle.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Houses Banefort, Bettley, Falwell, Ferren, Foote, Kenning of Kayce, Myatt, Peckledon, Prester, Sarsfield & Stackspear are not directly mentioned at this battle. However, the colours of these houses banners are spotted by Arya in A Clash of Kings as Tywin's host leaves Harrenhal in order to cross into the Westerlands. This strongly suggests that men from these houses were present at previous battles involving Tywin's host, including at the capture of Darry.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Houses Hamell, Moreland, Turnberry & Yarwyck are not directly mentioned at this battle. However the banners of these houses are present during the escorting of the corpse of Tywin Lannister back to Casterly Rock, which suggests that these houses were loyal to Tywin and were likely to have contributed men to Tywin's host. Therefore the men of these houses were likely present at the capture of Darry.
- ↑ Ser Amory Lorch is mentioned as being present in the Riverlands throughout Tywin's invasion, and is ordered to burn lands shortly following the victory of Robb Stark at the Whispering Woods and the Camps. Therefore it is very likely that Lorch men were present at the capture of Darry.
- ↑ House Plumm is not directly mentioned at this battle. However in A Storm of Swords the brothers Plumm were sent to find Jaime following his release, which takes place after this battle. This suggests that House Plumm is a part of Tywin's host, and therefore took part in battles involving the host, including the capture of Darry.
- ↑ See the The War of the Five Kings calculations.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 62, Jaime VII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.