Fall of Raventree Hall
|Fall of Raventree Hall|
|Conflict||War of the Five Kings|
|Result|| Lannister victory|
Occupation of Raventree Hall
After the battle at the Mummer's Ford, Lord Tywin Lannister leads his 20,000 men northeast toward the ruby ford. With Ser Edmure Tully captured by Ser Jaime Lannister, Lord Tytos Blackwood of Raventree holds Riverrun while it is besieged by Jaime.
Fall of Raventree Hall
Without Lord Tytos to lead the defense, Raventree Hall falls to the army of Tywin and his brother, Ser Kevan Lannister. Tywin's host goes on to capture Harrenhal and Darry, and sack Maidenpool, whilst Ser Gregor Clegane is deployed to burn Pinkmaiden and Stone Hedge.
Tywin leaves Raventree under the control of a Lannister garrison. Later, after Robb Stark's victories at the Whispering Wood and the Battle of the Camps and Tywin's retreat to Harrenhal, Raventree Hall is liberated by Lord Tytos.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Houses Banefort, Bettley, Falwell, Ferren, Foote, Kenning of Kayce, Myatt, Peckledon, Prester, Sarsfield & Stackspear are not directly mentioned at this battle. However, the colours of these houses banners are spotted by Arya in A Clash of Kings as Tywin's host leaves Harrenhal in order to cross into the Westerlands. This strongly suggests that men from these houses were present at previous battles involving Tywin's host, including at the Fall of Raventree Hall.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Houses Hamell, Moreland, Turnberry & Yarwyck are not directly mentioned at this battle. However the banners of these houses are present during the escorting of the corpse of Tywin Lannister back to Casterly Rock, which suggests that these houses were loyal to Tywin and were likely to have contributed men to Tywin's host. Therefore the men of these houses were likely present at the Fall of Raventree Hall.
- ↑ Ser Amory Lorch is mentioned as being present in the Riverlands throughout Tywin's invasion, and is ordered to burn lands shortly following the victory of Robb Stark at the Whispering Woods and the Camps. Therefore it is very likely that Lorch men were present at the Fall of Raventree Hall.
- ↑ House Plumm is not directly mentioned at this battle. However in A Storm of Swords the brothers Plumm were sent to find Jaime following his release, which takes place after this battle. This suggests that House Plumm is a part of Tywin's host, and therefore took part in battles involving the host, including the Fall of Raventree Hall.
- ↑ See the The War of the Five Kings calculations.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 62, Jaime VII.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 48, Jaime I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.