Damon Lannister (lord)
|Alias||The Grey Lion|
|Born||In before 179 AC, Casterly Rock|
|Died||In 210 AC|
|Spouse||Lady Cerissa Brax|
Damon Lannister, better known as the Grey Lion, was the Lord of Casterly Rock and the head of House Lannister during the reign of King Daeron II Targaryen. He wed Cerissa Brax and was the father of Tybolt and Gerold.
Damon, who was not lord at the time, was unhorsed by Ser Arlan of Pennytree in a tourney at Lannisport. He was also once unhorsed in a tourney by Ser Tommard Heddle. During the First Blackfyre Rebellion, Lord Damon was defeated by Ser Quentyn Ball.
Lord Damon participated in the tourney at Ashford Meadow in 209 AC, beginning the tourney as a challenger. In his first tilt, he challenged Lord Leo Longthorn. He yielded after Leo ripped his helm off with a well placed lance.
Lord Damon died of the Great Spring Sickness in 210 AC and his eldest son Tybolt succeeded him as Lord of Casterly Rock.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Damon Lannister.
- ↑ See the Damon Lannister calculation.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The Hedge Knight.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Mystery Knight.