A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
Capture of Torrhen's Square
|Capture of Torrhen's Square|
|Conflict||War of the Five Kings|
|Result||House Greyjoy victory|
Ser Rodrik Cassel and Lord Cley Cerwyn lead levies from Winterfell and Castle Cerwyn to defend Torrhen's Square, the seat of House Tallhart in the north. The besieging ironborn led by Dagmer Cleftjaw are forced to retreat to the Stony Shore following the fight at Torrhen's Square.
Rodrik, Cley, and Leobald Tallhart, the castellan of Torrhen's Square, depart to retake Winterfell from Theon Greyjoy. However, they are betrayed by Ramsay Snow and killed by Boltons in the battle at Winterfell.
Dagmer returns to Torrhen's Square and his ironmen capture the sparsely-defended keep for House Greyjoy. Dagmer takes captive Berena Hornwood and her children, Brandon and Beren, as well as her niece, Eddara Tallhart, the heir of Torrhen's Square.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Dagmer.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 46, Bran VI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 56, Theon V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 66, Theon VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 76, Jon XI.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Torrhen's Square.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.