|Capture of Torrhen's Square|
|Conflict || War of the Five Kings|
|Date || 299 AC|
|Place || Torrhen's Square|
|Result || House Greyjoy victory|
The capture of Torrhen's Square takes place during the War of the Five Kings.
Ser Rodrik Cassel and Lord Cley Cerwyn lead levies from Winterfell and Castle Cerwyn to defend the threatened northern keep of Torrhen's Square, the seat of House Tallhart. The besieging ironborn led by Dagmer Cleftjaw are forced to retreat to the Stony Shore following the Battle of Torrhen's Square.
Rodrik, Cley, and Leobald Tallhart, the castellan of Torrhen's Square, depart to retake Winterfell from Theon Greyjoy. However, they are betrayed by Ramsay Snow and killed by House Bolton in the battle at Winterfell. Dagmer returns to Torrhen's Square and his ironmen capture the sparsely defended keep for House Greyjoy. Dagmer takes captive Berena Hornwood and her children, Brandon and Beren, as well as her niece, Eddara Tallhart, the heir of Torrhen's Square.
References and Notes
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Dagmer.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 46, Bran VI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 56, Theon V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 66, Theon VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 76, Jon XI.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.