Warrior (the Seven)
- See also: Images of the Warrior
The Warrior represents strength in battle. He is prayed to for courage and victory. He carries a sword.
Characters who favour the Warrior
A Clash of Kings
Catelyn Stark prays in a nameless village’s sept. The sept is modest and has no statues of the Seven, only rough charcoal drawings to represent them. She asks the Warrior to keep Robb Stark strong and shield him in his battles.
A Feast for Crows
While standing vigil over his father’s body, it is revealed that the Warrior has been Jaime Lannister’s god since he was old enough to hold a sword. While other men may be fathers, sons and husbands, Jaime thinks to himself that he is a warrior, and that it is all he will ever be.
A Dance with Dragons
In his bedchamber in the Great Pyramid Barristan Selmy keeps a beeswax candle and a small carving of the Warrior on his bedside table. Though he is not a pious man, the carving makes him feel less alone in the unfamiliar city that is Meereen.
|“||The Warrior would lift his shining sword again and cleanse this sinful realm of all its evil.||”|
|“||May the Warrior give strength to your sword arm, Brienne.||”|
|“||In the sept they sing for the Mother’s mercy but on the walls it’s the Warrior they pray to, and all in silence.||”|
|“||The Warrior stands before the foe,
protecting us where e'er we go.
With sword and shield and spear and bow,
he guards the little children.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 33, Catelyn IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 5, Tyrion II.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 8, Jaime I.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 59, The Discarded Knight.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 54, Davos V.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 25, Brienne V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 63, Davos VI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 48, Daenerys IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 54, Cersei I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 68, The Dragontamer.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 2, Catelyn I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 46, Samwell III.