© Fantasy Flight Games
|Alias||the green dragon|
|Born||In 299 AC, at Dothraki Sea|
|Book(s)|| A Game of Thrones (appears)|
A Clash of Kings (appears)
A Storm of Swords (appears)
A Feast for Crows (mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (appears)
|TV series||Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5|
- See also: Images of Rhaegal
Rhaegal has green and bronze scales. His green scales are a dark green, the green of moss in the deep woods at dusk, just before the light fades, and they gleam like jade. His teeth and claws are black.  His eyes are bronze, brighter than polished shields, and they glow with their own heat. His flame is orange-and-yellow fire shot through with veins of green.
A Game of Thrones
Rhaegal's egg is a deep green, with burnished bronze flecks that comes and goes depending on how Daenerys turns it.
The maegi Mirri Maz Duur proclaims that in order to bring new life one had to give life. Daenerys burns Drogo's body, along with Mirri Maz Duur herself and the three eggs to give birth to Rhaegal, along with his brothers, Viserion and Drogon.
A Clash of Kings
When Daenerys receives the news of the Usurper's death, Rhaegal is with her. Beneath her fingers he stares at Quhuru Mo with eyes of molten gold. When his mouth opens his teeth gleam like black needles.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
Rhaegal mortally burns Quentyn Martell with dragonfire in the dragon pits of Meereen when he tries to tame the dragons. Once loosed from the pit Rhaegal makes his new lair in the great black pyramid of Yherizan where he hulks in the gloom like a fat woman bedecked with glowing orange jewels. The Pyramid is now a smoldering ruin and its former occupants are either dead or in flight.
The Winds of Winter
As the Second Siege of Meereen begins Rhaegal and Viserion are both drawn to the battle. Tyrion Lannister sees Rhaegal circling above the bay, banking and turning as longships and galleys clash and burn below him. When Ben Plumm and his companions come galloping back from the camp of the Girl General Rhaegal is still prowling, soaring in wide circles above the city and the bay on great green wings.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 12, Daenerys I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 8, Daenerys I.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 40, Daenerys III.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 72, Daenerys X.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 27, Daenerys II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 27, Daenerys III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 2, Daenerys I.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 68, The Dragontamer.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 11, Daenerys II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 70, The Queen's Hand.