- For other articles sharing the same title, please see this disambiguation page.
An ice dragon is a legendary species of dragon.
Ice dragons are said to roam the Shivering Sea and the White Waste. Reportedly, they are far larger than the dragons of Valyria and are made of living ice, with eyes of pale blue crystal, vast translucent wings, and breath of cold.
A Storm of Swords
A Dance with Dragons
|“||The ice pressed close around them, and he could feel the cold seeping into his bones, the weight of the Wall above his head. It felt like walking down the gullet of an ice dragon.||”|
The Ice Dragon
In 1980 George R. R. Martin's children's book debut was The Ice Dragon. It is illustrated with pencil drawings by artist Yvonne Gilbert. Several publishers state The Ice Dragon is set in the same world as A Song of Ice and Fire, but Martin has refuted the claim.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Shivering Sea.
- ↑ The Sworn Sword.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon VII.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 49, Jon X.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 64, Jon VIII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 39, Jon VIII.
- ↑ Not a Blog: Dunk & Egg Ride Again (February 25th, 2015), Comment (March 2nd, 2015)