A lizard-lion, depicted by Kevin Catalan ©
A lizard-lion is a reptile native to the bogs of the Neck. They resemble partially submerged logs floating still in the water. They live in the water, in slow streams and deep swamps, and have teeth like daggers. As there are crocodiles that live in the Zamoyos in Sothoryos, lizard-lions may be similar to alligators.
Lizard-lions also dwell in the flooded moats around the towers of Moat Cailin.
According to songs the ancient Marsh Kings rode lizard-lions. The sigil of House Reed depicts a black lizard-lion on grey-green.
A Game of Thrones
While crossing the Neck as part of the royal progress back to King's Landing, Mycah shows a lizard-lion to Arya Stark.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 15, Sansa I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 28, Bran IV.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 20, Reek II.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ten Thousand Ships.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Crannogmen of the Neck.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: the North