A unicorn is a large goat-like animal, with a long single horn on its head. Unicorns are believed to live on Skagos, and some claim unicorns can be found in the higher mountains of Ib. Sure-footed unicorns can climb steep mountains.
Several Westerosi houses feature heraldic unicorns in their sigils, including Houses Brax, Doggett, Rogers, and Wydman. Ser Flement Brax decorates his horsehead helm with a long spiral horn.
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
|“||A wild rain lashed down upon his black brother as he tore at the flesh of an enormous goat, washing the blood from his side where the goat's long horn had raked him.||”|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 15, Samwell II.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 9, Davos I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: Ib.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Stoneborn of Skagos.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: The Grasslands.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 27, Eddard VI.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses from the Stormlands
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Vale
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 3, Jon I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 34, Bran III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 58, Jon XII.
- Unicorn - Wikipedia article on the real-world mythological creature.