Stone sentries outside of the shop of Tobho Mott in King's Landing are decorated as griffin and unicorn knights. There are also plundered griffins at Vaes Dothrak. Qarth contains fountains in the shapes of griffins, dragons, and manticores. Among the grotesques and gargoyles of Dragonstone are griffins.
House Connington of Griffin's Roost has dancing griffins on their sigil, and their leaders sit the gilded Griffin Seat. The family's battle cry is "A griffin! A griffin!" According to the tale of the Knight of the Laughing Tree, the lord of griffins was present for the great tourney. Ser Alyn Connington of the Kingsguard was known as the Pale Griffin.
A Clash of Kings
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 41, Alayne II.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Vale: House Arryn.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 27, Eddard VI.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 36, Daenerys IV.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 27, Daenerys II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 54, Davos V.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 61, The Griffin Reborn.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 67, Jaime VIII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 2, Sansa I.