House of Loraq
A Dance with Dragons
When several Meereenese ships join the blockade of Meereen, Skahaz mo Kandaq presents Daenerys Targaryen a list with the names of the Meereenese captains and which families they belong too. The House of Loraq is among the names.
While in Daznak's Pit Daenerys Targaryen sees members of the House of Loraq occupying the red and orange benches. The women are veiled, and the men have their hair brushed and lacquered into horns and hands and spikes, the classic manner of Ghiscari men. Dany notes that Hizdahr's kin of the ancient line of Loraq seem to favour tokars of purple and indigo and lilac.
House of Loraq at the end of the third century
The known Loraq during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Hizdahr zo Loraq, the Fourteenth of That Noble Name, King of Meereen, Scion of Ghis, Octarch of the Old Empire, Master of the Skahazadhan, Consort to Dragons, Blood of the Harpy, arrested by Ser Barristan Selmy and replaced by the ruling council of Meereen.
- Queen Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, self-proclaimed Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, called Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons, his wife.
- Two bastard children, a boy and a girl.
- Unnamed three relatives of Hizdahr, hostages of the Yunkaii:
- Marghaz zo Loraq, commander of the Brazen Beasts.
- Bhakaz zo Loraq, one of the queen's cupbearers.
- Mazdhan zo Loraq, the Magnificent.
- Hazrak zo Loraq, the Handsome.
- Zharaq zo Loraq, the Liberator
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 52, Daenerys IX.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 2, Daenerys I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 30, Daenerys V.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 23, Daenerys IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 36, Daenerys VI.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 50, Daenerys VIII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 59, The Discarded Knight.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 67, The Kingbreaker.