- See also: Images of Ice
The name "Ice" is a legacy from the Age of Heroes, and predates the current sword. About four hundred years before King Robert I Baratheon's reign, the Valyrian steel greatsword was spell-forged in Valyria and acquired by House Stark, who named it after that legacy.
A Game of Thrones
A Storm of Swords
- Lord Walton Stark
- Lord Cregan Stark
- Lord Eddard Stark
- Ser Ilyn Payne
- Brienne Tarth, wielder of Oathkeeper the first half of the re-forged Ice
- King Joffrey I Baratheon, wielder of Widow's Wail the second half of the re-forged Ice
—thoughts of Bran Stark
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 2, Catelyn I.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 1, Bran I.
- Fire & Blood, A Surfeit of Rulers.
- Fire & Blood, Aftermath - The Hour of the Wolf.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 65, Arya V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 32, Tyrion IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 72, Jaime IX.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.