Lord Commander's Tower
The Lord Commander's Tower is a formidable stone tower. The top two floors contain the chambers of the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. The tower's solar includes a table and windows with heavy drapes. An inner door leads to the sleeping cell of Jeor Mormont. Below the Lord Commander's chambers are cells for other black brothers. Its subcellars include an undervault.
A Game of Thrones
After being named as the steward to Jeor Mormont, Jon Snow moves from Hardin's Tower to a cell below Jeor's chambers. When Othor rises as a wight and attempts to assassinate Jeor, Jon saves the Lord Commander's life after being awakened by Ghost. Jon burns the wight after drapes are set afire from an oil lamp. The interior of the tower's top two floors are gutted from the fire, so Jeor makes his residence in the King's Tower.
A Storm of Swords
A Dance with Dragons
Jon, now Lord Commander, resides in Donal Noye's old quarters behind the armory, since the Lord Commander's Tower is a shell and Stannis Baratheon has occupied the King's Tower. Jon orders that the captive Cregan Karstark be moved from the ice cells to the undervault of the Lord Commander's Tower.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 5, Samwell I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 55, Jon VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 52, Jon VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 69, Jon XIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 19, Jon III.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 60, Jon VIII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 3, Jon I.