Lord of Starpike
Kingdom of the Reach
Another Lord Peake married one daughter of King Garth X Gardener while Lord Manderly married the other oen. Both lords hoped to see their wives succeed their father as he did not father any sons. After a decade of war, a distant cousin of the late Garth ascended the throne as King Mern VI Gardener thanks to Ser Osmund Tyrell, the High Steward of Highgarden.
Lord Lorimar Peake drove the Manderlys into exile from the Reach upon the behest of King Perceon III Gardener. Lorimar was rewarded the Manderly castle, Dunstonbury, as well as a marriage between his daughter with Perceon's son, Prince Gwayne.
Lord Peake supported Prince Viserys's claim to the Iron Throne at the Great Council of 101 AC. Three decades later, his son, Lord Unwin, supported Viserys's son, King Aegon II Targaryen in the Dance of the Dragons. Unwin took command of the green army from the Reach after the Second Battle of Tumbleton and led its retreat.
After the death of Lord Corlys Velaryon, Lord Unwin was given a position as one of King Aegon III Targaryen's regents. He eventually became Protector of the Realm and Hand of the King, which he later resigned when the king would not marry his daughter, Myrielle Peake.
Lord Gormon Peake was a fierce supporter of Daemon I Blackfyre and was considered one of the finest knights during the reign of King Daeron II Targaryen. After the Peakes chose the side of House Blackfyre in the failed First Blackfyre Rebellion, they had two of their castles stripped from them, leaving them only Starpike. Gormon was a part of Daemon II Blackfyre's entourage at the Whitewalls wedding tourney in 212 AC, and was subsequently executed for treason.
Known Lords and Ladies of Starpike
- Lord Peake, who quarreled with a Lord Manderly during the reign of King Gwayne III Gardener.
- Lord Peake, married to a daughter of King Garth X Gardener.
- Lord Meryn Peake, called Meryn the Scribe.
- Lady Yrma Peake, called Yrma of the Golden Bowl.
- Lord Eddison Peake, called Eddison the Elder.
- Lord Eddison Peake, called Eddison the Younger.
- Lord Emerick Peake, called Emerick the Avenger.
- Lord Lorimar Peake, who drove House Manderly from the Reach upon the behest of King Perceon III Gardener.
- Lord Armen Peake
- Lord Peake, ruling during the reign of King Maegor I Targaryen.
- Lord Uther Peake
- Lord Peake, supporter of Prince Viserys Targaryen at the Great Council of 101 AC.
- Lord Unwin Peake, his son.
- Lord Gormon Peake
- Lord Peake, who started the Peake Uprising in 233 AC.
- Lord Titus Peake, the current Lord of Starpike.
- Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- The Mystery Knight.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: The Gardener Kings.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: Andals in the Reach.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Kings of Winter.
- Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Aegon III.
- The Sworn Sword.
- The World of Ice & Fire, House Lannister Under the Dragons.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maekar I.