|Title||Lord of Darry|
|Born||In 290 AC or 291 AC|
|Died||In 299 AC, Darry|
Lyman Darry is a nobleman of House Darry and the son and heir of Ser Raymun Darry, the lord of Castle Darry.[N 1]
A Game of Thrones
Lyman's father, Ser Raymun Darry, is killed in the battle at the Mummer's Ford. Young Lyman is brought to Riverrun by Lord Karyl Vance and Ser Marq Piper after the Battle of the Camps, and during the war council the boy voices his opposition to King Joffrey I Baratheon, who is supported by House Lannister. The northmen and rivermen assembled at Riverrun proclaim Robb Stark to be King in the North.
A Clash of Kings
Castle Darry is retaken by the forces of House Darry, but they hold it less than a fortnight until Ser Gregor Clegane comes and puts the entire castle to the sword, including Lyman.
Aside from a bastard cousin, Lyman was the last Darry of the male line. Following the Battle of the Blackwater, his lands and title are granted by King Joffrey I Baratheon to Ser Lancel Lannister.
A Storm of Swords
The deaths of Lyman and his father are lamented by the brotherhood without banners.
A Feast for Crows
Lancel weds Amerei Frey, Lyman's maternal cousin by his aunt Mariya.
Quotes by Lyman
Marq: Whatever you may decide for yourselves, I shall never call a Lannister my king.
Lyman: Nor I! I never will!—Marq Piper and Lyman at Riverrun
Quotes about Lyman
Catelyn: Darry was only a child.
Brynden: Aye, and the last of his line as well. The boy would have brought a fine ransom, but what does gold mean to a frothing dog like Gregor Clegane?
|Pate of the|
- ↑ Lyman and his father, Raymun Darry, have not been formally called Lord of Darry in A Song of Ice and Fire. Eddard Stark thinks of Raymun as Darry's lord in A Game of Thrones, Eddard III, however, and Brynden Tully does the same for Lyman in A Clash of Kings, Catelyn I. In A Clash of Kings, Sansa VIII, Lyman is referred to as a child lord by Sansa Stark. In A Storm of Swords, Arya VI, Tom of Sevenstreams mentions "Ser Raymun Darry, Lord Darry, young Lord Darry"; it is not confirmed if "Lord Darry" refers to Raymun or possibly his father.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya VI.
- ↑ See the Lyman Darry calculation.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.