A moratorium is in effect on adding information from Fire and Blood until December 20th.
|Born||At Pinkmaiden Castle|
A Game of Thrones (appears)|
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (appears)
A Feast for Crows (mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
A Game of Thrones
Ser Marq is one of the nobles that Lord Hoster Tully sends to King's Landing with the survivors of Sherrer to ask the permission of the crown to destroy the raiders who are savaging the riverlands.
After their fathers are defeated in the battle in the hills below the Golden Tooth, Marq and Ser Karyl Vance begin launching raids across the Red Fork of the Trident to disrupt the Lannister supply lines, hampering Jaime Lannister's siege of Riverrun.
They continue raids until Robb Stark arrives and breaks the siege with the battle in the Whispering Wood and the Battle of the Camps. The loss of the Lannister outriders was thought to be due to Marq, and so it was not realized that the host lead by Robb was approaching Riverrun.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Marq is among the rivermen who accompany Edmure to his wedding at the Twins. During the wedding feast, he plays a drinking game with Ser Danwell Frey. Marq joins the group which takes Edmure's bride, Roslin Frey, from the hall, and Catelyn Stark observes him removing Roslin's shoe as part of the bedding custom.
Traveling through the riverlands, Arya Stark and Sandor Clegane encounter a Piper bowman sworn to Marq. Wounded by a Bolton during the Red Wedding, the bowman is given the gift of mercy by the Hound.
A Feast for Crows
Marq is held by the Freys as a hostage at the Twins after the Red Wedding, to the consternation of his father, Lord Clement Piper, who believes that his bending his knee to the Iron Throne will lead to his son being returned. That does not happen, which enrages Clement, leading him to threaten Edwyn Frey at the war council during the siege of Riverrun. After Riverrun surrenders, Jaime Lannister informs Edwyn that King Tommen I Baratheon requires all captives taken during the Red Wedding, which displeases the Freys.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Marq Piper.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard XI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 65, Arya XII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.