Master of Torrhen's Square
A Game of Thrones
Ser Helman Tallhart, the Master of Torrhen's Square, goes with his men to Winterfell when Robb Stark calls the northern banners in response to Lord Eddard Stark's arrest. Helman leaves his brother Leobald as castellan of Torrhen's Square.
A Clash of Kings
Ser Edmure Tully orders Helman to quit the Twins and join up with Lord Roose Bolton to seize Harrenhal. Helman retakes Castle Darry after a small siege with the Lannister garrison surrendering after a short period. Roose orders him to torch the castle, kill the captives and join forces with Robett Glover on his march to Duskendale.
A Storm of Swords
Helman is killed during the Battle of Duskendale. Having been predeceased by his son, Benfred, and his brother, Leobald, Helman is succeeded by his daughter Eddara in the mastery of Torrhen's Square.
A Feast for Crows
Known Masters and Ladies of Torrhen's Square
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- westeros.org: The ASOIAF wiki thread (September 12, 2010)
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn VIII.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 59, Catelyn IX.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 39, Catelyn V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 64, Arya X.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 37, Jaime V.