|Title||Lord of Raventree Hall|
|Born||In or before 106 AC|
|Died||In 129 AC, at the Burning Mill|
Fire & Blood (mentioned)|
The Princess and the Queen (mentioned)
During the Dance of the Dragons, Samwell, now a lord, declared for Queen Rhaenyra after the assault on Harrenhal. Lord Blackwood sent raiders to attack the lands of House Bracken, who were supporters of King Aegon II Targaryen and the greens. Samwell was killed by Ser Amos in single combat during the Battle of the Burning Mill, but Amos was then struck down by a weirwood arrow allegedly fired by Samwell's sister, Black Aly. Samwell was succeeded by his eleven-year-old son, Benjicot Blackwood.
- See the Samwell Blackwood calculation.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- Fire & Blood, Aftermath - The Hour of the Wolf.
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.